Regular Board Meeting Minutes – January 2017
The Village of Birchwood Trustees held the monthly board meeting on Tuesday, January 3, 2017 at 6:00 p.m. at the Birchwood Village Hall. Roll Call: Depoister, Hurckman, Seffinga, Small, and VanGilder – Present.
Hurckman called the meeting to order. The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Police Report – No report; Chief of Police Adam Brunclik on vacation.
Maintenance Report – Tucker Fee reports they have accrued overtime due to plowing on weekends; machines are being maintained; planning on painting picnic tables in the next few weeks; the Christmas lights will be removed and the flags put up no later than 1/14/17; they have experienced no issues with the lift stations since they were cleaned last month.
Public Comment – Linda Zillmer states that the Special Meeting for Amended Budget on December 20, 2016 needed two-thirds vote and only three trustees were present.
- Motion to approve the agenda by Seffinga, second by Depoister, carried 5-0.
- Motion to approve minutes from December 13, 2016 board meeting by Seffinga, second by Depoister, carried 5-0.
- Discussion surrounding black topping all of Doolittle Park. Tucker will speak with Bob Hayes about grinding what is there and relaying without black topping.
- Discussion about purchase of additional software from Workhorse was tabled until February meeting when Chelsea can present.
- Motion to approve moving regularly scheduled Board of Trustee meetings to second Tuesday of the month by Depoister, second by VanGilder, carried 5-0. Next Board Meeting will be Tuesday, February 14, 2017 at 6:00 p.m.
Motion to table Approval of New Bills, Payroll and acceptance of Treasurers report until February 14th by Hurckman, second by Small, carried 5-0.
Motion to Adjourn by Small, second by Seffinga.
Submitted by Kathy Paquette, Clerk-Treasurer
Questions or Concerns?
Please contact the Village Hall with comments, questions, and/or concerns and we will be happy to help.