BFCESD February 2018 Meeting Minutes
BIRCHWOOD FOUR CORNERS EMERGENCY SERVICES DISTRICT
BFCESD PO Box 417, Birchwood, WI 54817
Romaine Quinn-Town of Birchwood-Present, Jon Sleik-Town of Cedar Lake-Present, Timothy Stearns-Town of Doyle-Absent, Dean Buresh-Town of Edgewater-Absent, Mick Givens-Town of Long Lake-Present, Cindy Fairchild-Town of Wilson-Present, Virginia Hurckman-Village of Birchwood-Absent
Birchwood Four Corners Emergency Services District will hold its monthly meeting on Thursday February 8, 2018 at the Town of Birchwood Town Hall at 6:30 p.m. The Town Hall is located at N1549 County Hwy T, Birchwood, WI
BFCESD MINUTES FOR FEB 8, 2018 MEETING
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- Romaine Quinn made a motion to approve the Jan 11,2018 Meeting Minutes, 2nd by Mick Givens, Jon Sleik abstained, Carried
- Public Input–None
- Fire Department Report, See attached reports
- Ambulance Service Report, See attached reports
- Discuss 2017 audit and need for split between bookkeepers.
Jon talked to Dan Thole regarding a split audit due to having 2 different bookkeepers in 2017. Romaine Quinn made a motion to do a normal audit as in the past, 2nd by Mick Givens, carried.
- No donations were received since the last meeting.
- Finalized floor plane will be available after the Feb 22 Building Committee meeting. The Building Committee is hoping to have the floor plan and info to present to each Town/Village by their Annual Meeting.
- Romaine Quinn made a motion to approve the Bookkeepers Report, 2nd by Mick Givens, Carried
Jon Sleik made a motion to approve the bills as presented, 2nd by Mick Givens, Carried
- Review Correspondence, Work comp audit credit of $409.00
- Commissioners Input
Jon—Once we have a dollar amount we can start pursuing funding options for the New Fire Hall such as grants, donations etc. That way it will relieve some of the burden on each Town/Village.
Romaine—Let’s get it done, everyone knows we need a new place for the Fire and Ambulance.
Mick—Let Chris know he isn’t being pressured on getting a cost of the new building. Would like to possibly see funding formula similar to the Assessment formula for the Town/Village of the Fire, Ambulance and Common Areas separated because some Towns don’t have both Fire and Ambulance.
- Romaine Quinn made a motion to adjourn at 7:55 pm, 2nd by Cindy Fairchild, Carried
The Birchwood Town Hall is handicap accessible. If you have special needs regarding attendance please call 715 354 7047.
A quorum of board members from each municipality may be present. No actions will be taken by any participating governmental body other than those stated in this notice.
Questions or Concerns?
Please contact the Village Hall with comments, questions, and/or concerns and we will be happy to help.